Celebrities Wearing Moonstone…
If you’re someone who craves the unusual, try to look for carved moonstones. One thing is certain: It will be an original that no one else will have. A little over a hundred years ago, carved moonstone faces, cameos, cupids, and doves set in gold or platinum jewelry were favorites of the upper classes in both the U.S. and Europe , especially in brooches.
Some Celebrities spotted wearing Moonstone:
- Michelle Obama and her Moonstone brooch or her moonstone-and-diamond earrings. With her fast becoming a contemporary style icon and someone who clearly loves fine jewelry, a Moonstone brooch is something you might want to consider.
- Kaley Cuoco, wearing moonstone earrings by Neil Lane.
- Cheryl Crow, who wore a wide moonstone cuff bracelet and Moonstone ring (by Neil Lane) to the Grammy. Awards.
- Drew Barrymore wore a cocktail ring set with a huge peach-colored Moonstone (by Lorraine Schwartz) to a Golden Globes event.
- Tina Fey recently wore earrings from Neil Lane’s Renaissance Collection (a mix of Moonstone, brown diamonds, yellow diamonds and white diamonds).
- Florence Welch from Florence And The Machine wore a Lorraine Schwartz platinum ring with moonstone and diamonds.
- Kristen Stewart as Bella Swan wears Rainbow Moonstone Ring in Twilight Saga.
- Leighton Meester like a Blair Waldorf in Gossip Girl Moonstone.
- Bavna Rose Cut Diamond and Moonstone Earrings.
- Rina Limor 18k Wavy Moonstone Bangle With Diamonds.
- Lorraine Schwartz 80-Carat Moonstone Ring.
- Taylor Swift and Rainbow Moonstone Ring.
Whether your moonstone is blue, white, or silver, you will be in fashion when wearing it this year. “It’s easy to wear and it really looks beautiful against the skin. And designers, who naturally have such a strong aesthetic, know this”, says AGTA Marketing Manager Adam Graham.
If you, like designers, celebrities, and a fast-growing group of consumers, have made up your mind on a moonstone purchase this year, just make a mental note that, while these beautiful, mesmerizing gems aren’t exactly soft, they have a far-from-rugged hardness of 6-6-1/2 (on a scale of 1 to 10, with 10 being the hardest).
Be fashion-forward and have fun in your Moonstone jewelry!
- You Will Love Moonstone After You Know It (aprilpearl123blog.wordpress.com)
- Meet your next favorite book… (meglenaivanova.wordpress.com)
- The Legend of The Moonstone – new fiction teen book… (meglenaivanova.wordpress.com)
- Moonstones… (pxynuckle.wordpress.com)
- Michael Douglas, Jessica Lange, Julia Louis-Dreyfus Wear Celebrity Jewelry Designer Martin Katz Jewels to the 2013 Emmy Awards (prnewswire.com)