Dear FRIENDS and FOLLOWERS,
Happy New Year to you! I wish you all the very best for a happy, healthy and prosperous 2014. I look forward to helping you improve your Social Media this year so that by the end of 2014 you can be more proud of yourself and be happier much more of what you have accomplish!
With my best wishes to you and your family, I’m presenting my firs and very new 2014 interview with the amazing Casey Keen author of I’ll Be Damned and Saved by the Spell. She was born in Philadelphia, PA and grew up in the suburban outskirts of this amazing city. She loves anything paranormal and/or supernatural. For those of you who don’t know, this Philadelphia is an awesomely haunted place! This healthy paranormal addiction has provided her the motivation to write her first book, “I’ll Be Damned”. She graduated from Drexel University with a Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology and she is currently working on the Anna Wolfe Series.
Hi Casey, thank you for agreeing to this interview.
- Tell me a little about yourself and your background? What were you like at school? Were you good at English? What are your ambitions for your writing career? Which writers inspire you? Or something that you feel you need to share?
As a child, I’ve always been more creative than logical. Growing up, I loved to color, draw, create, scrapbook, etc. I excelled in English, and struggled with math. Challenges inspire me, and writing two novels has proven to be the biggest one yet!
I was born in Philadelphia, PA and grew up in the suburban outskirts of this amazing city. I love anything paranormal and/or supernatural – seriously I live in Philadelphia! This healthy paranormal addiction has provided me the motivation to write my first book, “I’ll Be Damned.” I graduated from Drexel University with a Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology and I’m currently working on the continuation of the Anna Wolfe Series.
- What was your life like before becoming an author?
The same as it is now, only with less time!
- When did you decide to become a writer?
About two years ago. My inspiration to write came from the genre itself.
When I read my first Paranormal Romance series a little over a year ago, I fell in love with the whimsical tone of it.
Something about imaginary creatures, places and romances sparked my creativity and continues to tug at it!
I feel like a child again — envisioning the world, and my imagination, in endless possibilities.
- Which comes first? The character’s story or the idea for the novel?
The idea for the novel comes first and then I fill in the details. I like to build from the outside in!
- Why do you write? What advice would you give to aspiring writers?
I love writing because it’s fun and liberating being able to create my own world! My advice for aspiring writers is to take a chance! If you want to write… sit down and do it! Don’t let your fear or other people’s criticisms hold you back. Trust me… it’s one of the greatest enjoyments in the world!
- So, what have you written?
I have written two novels over the past year and a half and of course, poems and such in high school.
Where people can buy or see them?
- I’ll Be Damned: http://www.amazon.com/Ill-Damned-Anna-Wolfe-ebook/dp/B00FM0NRKI/ref=sr_sp-atf_title_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1383924242&sr=1-1&keywords=i%27ll+be+damned
- Saved by the Spell: http://www.amazon.com/Saved-Spell-Anna-Wolfe-ebook/dp/B00FS1RPLS/ref=sr_sp-atf_title_1_2?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1383924242&sr=1-2&keywords=i%27ll+be+damned
- Give me an insight into your main character from your last novel /first novel/. What does he/she do that is so special?
Anna Wolfe is the main character in both novels and she is special because the entire series revolves around her! Anna is a “normal” woman. That is until one day it’s revealed to her that she’s more than ordinary – she’s a Grand Witch! Once this discovery has been made, the ruler of The Netherworld tries to get his hands on her, along with a hot werewolf and confident Warlock.
- Are there any character traits in your book that are based on someone you know? /*Even if the whole character isn’t based on them?
All of the characters in my book are based on my immediate circle of friends, only I took their characteristics and meshed them all together!
I didn’t assign one character to one friend. Instead, I took bits and pieces of everyone and sprinkled them into each and every character.
- Do you read much and if so who are your favorite authors?
Yes, I read a lot! I have many favorite authors since I read all sorts of genres. Right now my obsession is paranormal romance. H.P Mallory is definitely my favorite in this category. For murder/suspense mysteries, it has and always will be, Mary Higgins Clark!
- Where is your favorite place to read and write?
In my living room, surrounded by silence.
- How do you market your book/s?
A lot of social media advertising…
On Facebook, I post my book in its relevant “groups” (paranormal book group, etc.) and participate in interviews and blog hops.
I elegantly push my product in front of people (via status updates on my personal and product page, Twitter, etc.), but I make sure to avoid being too annoying.
- Do you have any advice for other authors on how to market their books?
Yes! Social media is the key! An author should always have a consistent presence on Facebook, Twitter, etc., as well as, making sure their blog(s) are up to date. Readers like to feel like they can engage with the author, so always responding to reviews, requests, questions and/or comments in a timely matter is also vital. I have many more marketing strategies on my blog!
- What do you do to get book reviews?
I reach out to paranormal bloggers and ask if they are interested in reviewing my novels.
How can readers discover more about you and your work?
They can visit my website or contact me! 🙂
- Website: http://www.caseykeen.com/
- Blog: http://www.caseykeen.com/#!blog/cqfh
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/WolfeSeries
- Twitter: @AnnaWolfeSeries
- Pinterest: http://www.pinterest.com/caseykeenauthor/
- Amazon Author Page: http://www.amazon.com/Casey-Keen/e/B00C0XICK0/ref=ntt_athr_dp_pel_1
- Smashwords: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/366276
Book Links: /* American, UK, etc./:
- I’ll Be Damned, US link: http://www.amazon.com/Ill-Damned-Anna-Wolfe-ebook/dp/B00FM0NRKI/ref=sr_sp-atf_title_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1383924242&sr=1-1&keywords=i%27ll+be+damned
- Saved by the Spell, US Link: http://www.amazon.com/Saved-Spell-Anna-Wolfe-ebook/dp/B00FS1RPLS/ref=sr_sp-atf_title_1_2?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1383924242&sr=1-2&keywords=i%27ll+be+damned
- I’ll Be Damned, UK link: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Ill-Damned-Anna-Wolfe-Series-ebook/dp/B00FM0NRKI/ref=pd_sim_sbs_kinc_1/275-8963144-6190550
Saved by the Spell, UK Link: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Saved-Spell-Anna-Wolfe-Series-ebook/dp/B00FS1RPLS
- Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/7020153.Casey_Keen
It was a great privilege for me to get to interview Casey Keen, who has inspired me in many different ways. Thank you Casey!!! Good Luck with everything!