Today I’m very lucky to be interviewing Janelle Kahele. She is a good mom of three daughters and lives life via email. She has recently been introduced to twitter and find it quite captivating. Janelle enjoy long walks and a good book to cuddle up to. Writing is her addiction and believe it or not it helps her relax after a long day in the hustle and bustle of the nine to five job. Janelle Kahele is author of Blink: The Blink Series – Breaking Branches, released December 7, 2013, Blink: The Blink Series – Blinded by Judgment, released March 3, 2014 and Mine, released February 19, 2014.
Hi Janelle, thank you for agreeing to this interview.
- Tell me a little about yourself and your background?
I am a 46 year married mother of three teenage daughters. My mother is of Hawaiian descent and my father is of Italian descent.
I spent most of my childhood traveling as my father was a Master Sergeant for the U.S. Army.
- What were you like at school?
High school was the best time of my life. I was joiner and often joined into more than I was capable of doing.
- Were you good at English?
Literature was my favorite subject, but Grammar gave me some problems, but I managed to get through it.
- What are your ambitions for your writing career?
To write and have other enjoy what I’m writing.
- Which writers inspire you?
Self-published writers inspire me, they are raw and write with complete heart. If I had to pick a famous writer I enjoy it would have to be Mary Shelley.
- What was your life like before becoming an author?
I began writing very young, although I never published any of my writings till I was older. So you could say I grew up writing.
- Which comes first?
I would say that I get an idea and then write about. I don’t write with a plot, I am not a structured writer, I write what I feel and the story just comes together.
- When did you decide to become a writer?
I decided to publish my writings, by the insistence of my family.
They believed I needed to share my stories with others.
- Why do you write?
I write to relieve the thoughts in my mind. It relaxes me.
- So, what have you written?
Blink: The Series – Breaking Branches. Can be purchased at Amazon.com!!!!
Give me an insight into your main character. My main character Christia (Tia) Cartwright, is a young girl who is left in the world alone after her parents are murder. She relives the murder of her parents every night when she closes her eyes. She employs alcohol as a way to escape the nightmares.
- What sparked the idea for your book?
I wanted to write about a girl who was lost and confused and Blink: The Series – Breaking Branches is what conspired.
- Do you have any advice for other authors on how to market their books?
My best advice for a self published author is to use a promotion company, like I do with Elite Book Promotions.
- What do you do to get book reviews?
I let the book speak for itself.
- What advice do you have for someone who would like to become a published writer?
It is hard and sometimes frustrating, but if it is something you want to do, it will work out, as it has for me.
- Website: www.janellekahele.com
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/J-Kahele/1483634408525884?ref=hl
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/JanelleKahele
- Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=318397019&trk=nav_responsive_tab_profile
- Pinterest: http://www.pinterest.com/janellekahele/
- Amazon Author Page: http://www.amazon.com/J-Kahele/e/B00IM1SZQA/ref=ntt_dp_epwbk_0
- Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/7356203.J_Kahele
It was a great privilege for me to get to interview Janelle Kahele, who has inspired me in many different ways. Thank you Janelle!!! Good Luck with everything!