Today I’m very lucky to be interviewing Hailey Rose Barrett. She is author of the amazing book – Changing Lanes: from Hell to Heaven.
Hi Hailey Rose, thank you for agreeing to this interview.
- Tell me a little about yourself and your background?
I am one of seven children. I have two boys of my own, and I have been married three times. Professionally I have been a nurse for 30 years. I am passionate about living a healthy life and helping others do the same.
- What were you like at school?
I was and continue to be very studious. I am organized and meticulous about lecture notes. I volunteered to lead projects and do extra assignments. I was the teacher’s pet.
- Were you good at English?
Yes, I was good at English.
- What are your ambitions for you’re writing career?
My ambitions for my writing career are to motivate and inspire others to live the best life they can by acknowledging and owning their mistakes, using their gift for a more meaningful life, and giving back in some way. Helping others dissect and analyze their past mistakes, makes them strong and clearer about a future positive path.
- Which writers inspire you?
Maya Angelo, Mariann Williamson, Brian Weiss.
Prior to writing my book, my life was hectic with tragedy and hardship. It wasn’t until I was willing to face the truth, and consciously decide not to be a victim, that my life begin to change for the better.
- Which comes first – the character’s story or the idea for the novel?
The characters story.
There were so many times in my life that I shared personal stories with others and they would always tell the same thing; you have to write a book. And then I did……
For me, writing is and was very therapeutic. Recalling painful life events helped me put things into perspective and encouraged personal growth.
- So, what have you written?
My first book is an inspirational true story about my life. It has several powerful messages about forgiveness, humane love, and self-worth. It is a story about overcoming life’s obstacles against all odds. Also, I took the lessons of that book and scaled them down for a children’s book called Hailey’s Sunshine. It was important to me to somehow share my message with children, because I believe that is where we need to start; childhood.
- Where people can buy or see them?
www.haileyrosebarrett.com people can read the first chapter and read an interview to get a glimpse at what the book is about. It is available on all major online book venues (Amazon, B&N,Books 4 Less, ebook etc.) and Hailey’s Sunshine can be viewed for free at www.storyjumper.com, and can be purchased there as well.
- Give me an insight into your main character. What does he/she do that is so special?
She lives a life full of mistakes and tragedy until she decides; enough is enough.
- What sparked the idea for your book?
After a major life event ensued, that’s when it occurred to me that I had to write the book.It was, and is, an unbelievable story.
- How do you market your book?
Facebook, twitter, Pinterest,Goodreads, virtual book tours, radio interviews, you tube.
- Do you have any advice for other authors on how to market their books?
Don’t leave any stone unturned. Try any and every idea that you think will help you get exposure and sell your book.
- What do you do to get book reviews?
I joined a Facebook group that does book reviews. I review their book and they review mine. I asked friends that purchased the book to write a review on Amazon. I have paid for a few reviews at the beginning, which were posted on various websites and personal pages.
- What advice do you have for someone who would like to become a published writer?
It is an exciting and challenging endeavor. Perseverance is the key as well as educates yourself on the process. There are many people and businesses that are willing to take your money for services that will not really benefit you in the long run. You have to be selective. I highly recommend a professional service for editing and grammar. This will make or break your sales and reviews.
- How can readers discover more about you and your work?
- Website: www.haileyrosebarrett.com
- Facebook: www.Facebook.com/Haileyrose
- Twitter: @haileyhrb
- Pinterest: www.pinterest.com/Haileyhrb
- Amazon Author Page: Hailey Rose Barrett
- Goodreads: Hailey Rose Barrett
It was a great privilege for me to get to interview Hailey Rose Barrett, who has inspired me in many different ways. Thank you Hailey Rose!!! Good Luck with everything!