Hi everyone, today I am very happy to post this interview. Michael McCormick is the author of Across The Pond. He enlisted in the United States Marine Corps just out of high school at the age of 17. Soon after, he found himself in battle in the jungles and rice paddies of Vietnam. He was nearly killed on several occasions, but managed to survive and return home at age 19. After the war, Michael earned his B.A. in psychology and his M.A. in clinical psychology. He lives in Oakland, California with his wife Gina. You can contact him at: mikemccormick49 @ ymail.com.
I am originally from Ohio, USA. I am a former United States Marine and I have a Master’s degree in clinical psychology.
- What were you like in school?
I didn’t like school much.
- Where you good at English?
- Which writers inspire you?
- What was your life like before becoming an author?
Pretty much the same as it is now.
- Which comes first – the character’s story or the idea for the novel?
In my case, the idea came first.
- When did you decide to become a writer?
Soon after I returned from the Vietnam War, I knew I wanted to write about what I had experienced.
- Why do you write?
I have stories I want to tell. 😉
- What have you written?
One novella, some poetry and a few short stories.
- Where can people buy them?
My novella is on Amazon, Kindle and Barnes & Noble. My poems and short stories are out of print.
- Give me insight into your main character. What does he do that is special?
My main character is a composite of several people I knew or know today. There is a lot of myself in the character. He earned the Silver Star Medal, this nation’s 3rd highest military award for gallantry.
- What sparked the idea for your book?
The Vietnam War and the way Vietnam veterans were treated upon their return home.
- How do you market your book?
I try to use several different platforms.
- Do you have any advice for authors on how to market their books?
- What do you do to get book reviews?
Some paid promotion.
- What advice do you have for someone who would like to become a published writer?
Self-Publish on Kindle.
- Is there anything else you would like to add that I haven’t included?
Yes, the next time America goes to War, we should make very certain that we take good care of our returning warriors.
- How can readers discover more about you and your work?
GIVEAWAYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!! 🙂 🙂 🙂
The author is giving away a paperback copy of
“ACROSS THE POND”
to one winner of the Rafflecopter.
* * * A Rafflecopter Giveaway!!! * * *