Glenn Cooper is an internationally bestselling thriller writer!!!
Share, Like, Comment, and Stay Thrilled… 🙂 🙂 🙂
Glenn was born in New York City and grew up in nearby White Plains. He attended White Plains High School before enrolling at Harvard University in Cambridge, Massachusetts where he graduated from Harvard with an honors degree in archaeology. He then attended Tufts University School of Medicine and did his post-doctoral training at the New England Deaconess and the Massachusetts General Hospitals becoming a board-certified specialist in Internal Medicine and Infectious Diseases. After practicing medicine, Glenn began a research career in the pharmaceutical industry which culminated in an eighteen-year position as the Chairman and CEO of a biotechnology company in Massachusetts. Glenn began writing screenplays over twenty years ago and his interest in movies prompted him to attend the graduate program in film production at Boston University. He is currently the chairman of a media company, Lascaux Media, which has produced three independent feature-length films. In 2006 Glenn turned his hand to novel-writing. His debut novel, THE LIBRARY OF THE DEAD, the first in a trilogy, became an international bestseller and was translated into thirty languages. All of his seven published books have become top-ten international best-sellers. Glenn currently lives in New Hampshire.
Hi Glenn, thank you for participating in this interview.
- Tell me a little about yourself and your background? What were you like at school? Were you good at English? What are your ambitions for your writing career? Which writers inspire you?
- What was your life like before becoming an author?
- Which comes first? The character’s story or the idea for the novel?
- Why do you write?
- So, what have you written?
- The Library of the Dead trilogy
- The Devil Will Come
- The Tenth Chamber
- The Resurrection Maker
- The Down trilogy
- Where people can buy or see them?
- Give me an insight into your main character of your last book. What does he/she do that is so special?
- What sparked the idea for your books?
I like subjects that interest me like explorations of fate and predestination, the nature of evil, the intersections between faith and science. If I’m passionate about a subject and do a lot of detailed research, there’s a chance that readers will be too.
- How do you market your books?
- Do you have any advice for other authors on how to market their books?
- What do you do to get book reviews?
I ask my readers for them via social media and interact with a lot of bloggers.
- What advice do you have for someone who would like to become a published writer?
- How can readers discover more about you and your work?