I get many e-mails from people who want to know if I accept guest posts on my BLOG, and if that is the case, what are the guidelines. I figured that it would be easier to write the guidelines in a post and just refer every one here.
So the answer to the first question is: Yes, I do accept guest posts. Currently I publish one guest post per week, usually on Sunday or Monday. Below you will find all the details about the process.
What kind of content do you accept?
Anything that is useful for my readers is good content for a guest post here. It can be related to self-publishing, book marketing in general / book reviews, book promotions, social media and etc. /, and it can also be derived from your own personal experiences. There is no minimum length for your post, but usually the guest posts have over 500 words.
- Your post must be original and must have never been published before on the Internet
- You agree not to publish it anywhere else, including your own blog or Web site. You may, however, post a brief “tease” or summary on your site that links to the post.
- You may provide up to three byline links: one for your blog or Web site, one for your bio or About page, and one for your Twitter username (optional).
- Your post should be at least 500 words long and no more than 800 words (optimally, aim for 700 words).
- Please format your guest post as an WORD document, so that I can copy and paste it into my blog.
- Make sure to include the author byline at the bottom, with the link to your website (do not spam keywords there, though).
If you have a post that meets the guidelines above, you can send it to me on the email meglena[.]ivanovany[@]gmail[.]com. Please include the post in the body of the email itself, or as a .doc attachment.
I check and respond to all guest post submissions twice a month, so it might take up to two weeks before I get back to you. This doesn’t mean I have rejected your post though, and even in case of rejection you should get an answer from me, explaining the reason.